Muffins are a great, easy snack, but are often filled with sugar and other unhealthy ingredients. If you haven’t watched our video about our Banana Muffins yet, do it now and let us tell you a bit about how we make our muffins. Here’s the recipe we use at home:
Makes 12 muffins
Oil, for greasing the muffin tin
1½ cups almond meal
½ cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1½ teaspoons baking soda
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 large eggs
3 ripe bananas, mashed
¼ cup applesauce (no sugar added)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the wells of a 12-cup muffin tin with oil
2. Mix the almond meal, pecans, cinnamon, baking soda and nutmeg in a medium sized mixing bowl.
3. In a separate medium sized bowl, whisk the eggs. Stir in the bananas, applesauce and vanilla and mix until just combined.
4. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients being careful not to overtax and then spoon the batter into the wells of the greased muffin tin.
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of each muffin comes out clean.